For those of you who have been using WhatsApp for an extended period of time, you are likely to have received at least a few messages in regional languages. This was made feasible when WhatsApp added support for regional languages to its app, allowing users to send and receive messages in a variety of languages from one device. Sending and receiving messages in regional languages broadens the appeal of WhatsApp even more, allowing it to attract users who do not speak or understand English well enough to interact effectively in English.
The addition of support for regional languages was only recently made possible due to the abundance of features, which include picture, video, audio, and document support, among other things. Users may use this function to send messages in regional languages and also type in regional languages using a keyboard that is compatible with the language.
Ensure that you are using the latest version of WhatsApp on your Android or iOS smartphone as the first step to solving the problem. Lastly, you will also need support for the regional language on your smartphone. Fortunately, most new smartphones ship with support for popular regional languages pre-installed and activated by default on whatsappmodsapk.com.
How to Type in Hindi in WhatsApp Step by Step Guide For Android And iOS
Because WhatsApp uses the regular keyboard on your smartphone, the instructions below will show you how to add a Hindi keyboard to your phone’s standard keyboard. Once this option is enabled, you will be able to text in Hindi using WhatsApp.
Adding a Hindi Keyboard on iPhone!
- In order to begin, you must first access the iPhone settings, which are represented by a grey app icon with gears on it and should be clearly accessible from the home screen.
- Scroll down the page and look for the General Section, which is usually towards the top of the Settings Page’s navigation bar.
- Continue to scroll down and touch on the keyboard option, which can be found at the bottom of the General page, as before.
- Again, choose Keyboards from the drop-down menu, and then select Add New Keyboard from the drop-down menu; this should be the final choice on the page.
Browse the list and seek out the language of your choice; in this example, Hindi is the language of choice. Because the iPhone languages are organised alphabetically, you’ll find this in the H part, and if Hindi shows up at the top of the recommended keyboards section, you won’t have to browse down and will be able to pick it up immediately without difficulty.
- Select Devanagari from the drop-down menu; this option displays traditional Hindi symbols on the keyboard rather than transcribing them as you enter.
- The Hindi keyboard may now be accessed from inside your iPhone’s conventional keyboard once you have completed the procedures outlined above and clicked “done.”
Adding a Hindi Keyboard on Android!
- Open the Settings app on your Android device. You can do this by tapping on the Settings symbol on your home screen or by pulling down the notification shade and selecting the Settings icon.
- Now, Scroll down to the Language & Input section of the Settings App and touch on it. On Samsung smartphones, this may be located in a different location; if this is the case, use the search icon to locate it appropriately.
- Select the virtual keyboard by tapping on it. If you are using an earlier version of Android, you may locate the Keyboard & Input Methods tab on the Language & Input Page by searching for “Keyboard & Input Methods.”
Then press on the current keyboard, which is designated as the “current keyboard” on most Android versions of the operating system. GBoard or SwiftKey are the default keyboards on new versions of Android, with your own customised keyboard offering, such as Samsung Keyboard for Samsung smartphones, serving as a secondary option.
- Then choose “Languages” from the drop-down menu. This should bring up a list of available languages, from which you can select the language of your choosing and tap on it to include it in the list.
- Flip the switch next to the Hindi heading to the on position; you may need to toggle the switch next to the Use system language option to the off position. This will enable the Hindi language on your keyboard by downloading and installing it.
Using the Hindi Keyboard to Type in WhatsApp
- Activate the WhatsApp programme on your smartphone and start a discussion with someone else.
- To begin inputting the message and to bring up your keyboard, tap on the text area.
On an iPhone, you’ll need to press and hold the globe symbol in the bottom left corner of the keyboard until the language is selected; on an Android, press and hold the space bar until the language is selected; and finally, touch on Hindi if you’re using a Devanagari keyboard or a Hindi keyboard.
- As a result, you will no longer see the Hindi alphabet and will be able to text in Hindi on WhatsApp as a result.