Do you have a whatsapp group that you want to delete? The Whatsapp Group feature has been around for a while now and it is an easy way to stay in touch with people. It can be distracting though, especially if the group chat contains too many notifications or messages. If this sounds like your situation then read on for some advice on how to delete whatsapp groups!
Table of Contents
How to Delete a Whatsapp Group as an Admin
As an admin of a WhatsApp group, you may have at some point wished to delete the group. This can be done quite easily, and we’ll show you how in this post. Keep in mind that when a group is deleted, all members are automatically removed as well. So if you’re thinking about deleting a group, make sure to first save any important information or messages that you may need. Let’s get started!
- To begin, you must remove all group members:
- Go to the group on WhatsApp.
- Tap the group’s topic.
- Tap the participant you wish to remove.
- Remove the participant from the menu.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Chat screen.
- Delete a group by swiping on it (or tapping if you’re using Android).
- In the group list, tap More, and then Delete Group.
How to Delete a Whatsapp Group as a Participant
This blog post will show you how to delete a WhatsApp Group as a participant. If you are the group admin, please follow this guide instead. This is because when a user deletes themselves from the group it removes them from the list of participants and prevents them from being able to participate in any future messages sent within that group. So if you have been removed by accident or wish to leave voluntarily for any reason, use this tutorial on how to do so!
- Go to the Chats section of WhatsApp.
- Tap the group name (or swipe if you’re using an iPhone).
- Close this window.
- Delete the group by doing the same again and selecting Delete Group.
We hope you have found our guide to deleting the Whatsapp group helpful. As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or comments!